Step By Step HGH Injection Instructions For Preparing Your Medication
There is a certain way that a patient should inject their human growth hormone (HGH) medications. When you follow these HGH injection instructions, you will be delivering your medications into your body in a sterile and safe way. You will limit the possibility of getting an infection at the injection site or in having other complications. Each step is well thought out and is important to follow.
As you are following each step, always remember that our advisors are a toll free phone call away to help you if you are in need. We are going to explain how to prepare and deliver injections that are being taken via a syringe and needle. There are also many different kinds of pens that make taking your medications easy. Each pen is used differently.
Here is the HGH injection procedure for how to prepare or reconstitute HGH injections in eight (8) easy steps:
1. Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and warm water.
2. Lay all your supplies out in front of you on a clean, sterile and flat surface.
3. You should have:
- A syringe
- A vial of medication in the form of lyophilized powder
- A vial of bacteriostatic water (normally 0.9% sodium chloride)
- Alcohol pads
- A Sharps container
4. Pick up the vial of bacteriostatic water and remove the plastic cap from the top, exposing the rubber top.
5. Open one of your alcohol pads and use it to clean the rubber top. Throw the alcohol pad away.
6. Pick up the vial of medication. It should contain lyophilized powder. Remove the cap from the top, exposing the rubber top.
7. Open one of your needles and insert it into the rubber stopper of the vial of bacteriostatic water. You should pull out about 1 mL of liquid. Remove the needle.
8. Put the needle into the vial of medication and tilt the vial onto its side. Slowly push the bacteriostatic water in, allowing it to run down the side of the vial gently. Remove the needle.
Now that the solution is mixed, you will have two choices. (1) You can leave the vial of medication in your refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes or (2) You can gently roll the vial between your fingers. The purpose of either of these methods is to make sure that the solution is completely dissolved.
You must be careful with this solution. Never shake it rigorously. It cannot stay out of the refrigerator for more than a few minutes. Since it is an extremely fragile molecule, it can become destroyed easily. You should use your injection right away and throw away anything that is used in your Sharps container.
Step By Step HGH Injection Instructions For Injecting Your Medication
Hopefully you understand the process of mixing (reconstituting) your HGH medication. Below you will learn the HGH injection instruction for self administering the shots. Remember, if you have any questions about how to deliver your medication, please call us toll free for help.
Here is the HGH injection procedure for how to deliver your HGH injections in ten (10) easy steps:
1. Your medication should be mixed or dissolved completely before you use it. Check the solution to make sure that there are not foreign looking particles in it and that it is perfectly clear and not murky looking. If it is not right, do not use it.
2. You will open a new needle and pull back on the syringe to fill it with air.
3. Press the needle into the medication vial’s rubber top and inject the air into the vial. This is done because the vials are filled with negative air pressure. In other words, they are under a vacuum and the liquid will be difficult to pull out without that air in the vial.
4. Check the vial to make sure that there are no air bubbles in it. If there are, you can gently use two fingers to flick the vial to remove those bubbles.
5. With the needle in the vial, remove the exact amount of medication that was prescribed for you. It is very important to be accurate when pulling out your prescribed dosage.
6. Most people who use HGH injections choose to inject them (subcutaneously) in the abdomen area. The injection site should be at least two inches from the belly button.
7. Open another alcohol pad and using a circular motion from the inside to the outside, wipe the area to remove any present bacteria. Throw the alcohol pad away.
8. Pinch the skin with two fingers and gently press the needle all the way into the skin. You may hold the needle at a 30 degree to a 45 degree angle to make it easier.
9. Inject all the medication from the needle into your skin.
10. Once the needle is completely empty (again, it is important to inject your full prescribed dosage), you will pull the needle out and cover the area with a bandage.
Make sure to discard all your used supplies into your Sharps container and enjoy the rest of your day. You are finished with the self administration of your injection. Our clinic offers online videos in graphic detail of how to reconstitute your injections and how to deliver them. You can always ask your clinical advisor for that information. You may also call us anytime for help.