- General Information
- Side Effects
What Is Norditropin?
Norditropin, also called somatropin (rDNA origin) is a bio-identical human growth hormone (HGH) injectable medication. Norditropin is a 191 amino acid sequence, large protein molecule that is very delicate and sensitive to atmospheric conditions. This medication needs to be produced in very controlled laboratory conditions for the utmost in purity.
The medication Norditropin can only be legally and safely used when it is prescribed by a licensed physician of endocrinology or another closely related medical field. It can be self administered easily. The medication should only be given subcutaneously (just under the skin) and will come with specific instructions on how to use it by your clinical advisor and by the manufacturing company who creates the medication; Novo Nordisk.
Norditropin is used for replacing and balancing lost growth hormone that has depleted from the body due to the natural process of aging. The medication is an exact replica of what the body naturally produces and therefore, the body almost always accepts it very well.
Only through the process of blood testing can a person find out if they are dealing with a growth hormone deficiency. If so, his or her doctor may choose Norditropin injections to replace, restore and balance what is missing in the body. Research trials and medical studies have been proving this medication to be a positive way to rid of symptoms that reduce the quality of life for those dealing with low hormone levels due to growing older.
Norditropin can be prescribed for administration with both needles and syringes with vials or with easy to use pens. The decision about which form to use will be made by both the doctor in charge and the patient. Some pens come with needle guards which hide the needle from view which is a great advantage for those who dislike needles enough to impede upon their treatment.
Pens are great for convenience and for on the go usage. They are simple to care for and to learn to maneuver, according to most patients. Novo Nordisk makes a pen called the FlexPro ®. The needle used with this device is called NovoFine ® and is very thin.
The NovoFine ® needle is less than 1/4 of a millimeter thick which is only 0.229 mm compared to a needle which is used for vaccines. Those can be three times as thick.
There are four types of Norditropin FlexPro ® pens. They are preloaded, prefilled and provide multidose delivery. Patients do not have to worry about loading the pen, mixing solutions, changing cartridges or change batteries.
Here are the four types of pens that can be prescribed based on a patient’s needs:
- Strength: 5 mg / 1.5 mL
- Maximum dosage: 2 mg
- Increases in increments of: 0.025 mg
- Strength: 10 mg / 1.5 mL
- Maximum dosage: 4 mg
- Increases in increments of: 0.05 mg
- Strength: 15 mg / 1.5 mL
- Maximum dosage: 8 mg
- Increases in increments of: 0.1 mg
- Strength: 30 mg / 3 mL
- Maximum dosage: 8 mg
- Increases in increments of: 0.01 mg
The benefits of Norditropin by NovoNoridisk ® for replacing missing hormones that deplete due to aging are many. The changes can be physical, emotional, mental and sexual. There are also benefits for the heart, the bones and the immune system.
Here is a list of those benefits for reference:
- Great amounts of energy
- More stamina and endurance
- Great amounts of vigor and vitality
- Loss of excess body fat
- Gain of lean muscle mass
- Stronger skin elasticity
- Less noticeable cellulite and facial wrinkles
- Less noticeable appearance of crow’s feet
- Thicker and faster growing hair
- Less balding
- Stronger and faster growing nails
- Better sleep at night
- Better and more acute vision
- Organ growth
- More physical strength
- Less body, joint and muscle pain
- Less sadness, melancholy and depression
- Less anxiety, tension and stress
- Less irritability and mood swings
- Less agitation and anger outbursts
- Overall better emotional stability
- Less forgetfulness
- Less memory loss (short term and long term)
- Less of that foggy feeling
- Better ability to concentrate and focus
- More sexual desire and a stronger sexual libido
- The elimination of erectile dysfunction
- Stronger and longer lasting erections
- Stronger and longer lasting orgasms
- Less vaginal dryness
- Less hot flashes
- Less night sweats
Heart, bone and immunity benefits:
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Less risk for strokes or heart attacks
- Lower triglyceride levels
- Less danger of developing diabetes
- Bone mineral density becomes stronger
- Less risk for bone fractures, breaks or of developing osteoporosis
- The immune system becomes stronger
- Warding off sickness such as the flu or colds becomes easier and faster
- Faster healing of wounds or injury
Different patients who use Norditropin will receive varying benefits. Their positive results from therapy will depend upon different things such as their beginning ailments, their body chemistry and other factors.
When participating in therapy using Norditropin with a reputable clinic, side effects will be very rare. However, they could occur due to a wrong dosage or because a patient has an allergic reaction to the medication. It is wise to be educated as to what these side effects can be; both minor and major.
It is vital for patients to understand that any and possible side effects should be taken seriously and reported to their clinical advisor as soon as they occur. Ignoring even minor side effects could lead to more serious problems and this is something avoidable by giving the issues the attention that they deserve.
Minor Side Effects From Norditropin:
- A rash
- Facial blemishes
- Redness or itching at injection site
- Irritability and mood swings
- Agitation and anger
- Poor sleep
- Thinning hair or balding
- A lowered or deeper voice
- Breast swelling or pain
- Shrinking testicles
- Stomach cramping
- Bad breath
- Ulcerations in the mouth
- Fruity smell or taste in the mouth
- Increased hunger or thirst
- Decrease in hunger
- Painful gums
- Sexual difficulties
- Erectile dysfunction
- Trouble sleeping
- Difficulty remembering
- A feeling of being disconnected from reality
- Trouble with concentration and focus
Possible Major Side Effects From Norditropin:
- Difficulty breathing
- Heart palpitations
- Rapid or slowed heart beat
- Chest pressure or pain
- Swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, mouth, lips, tongue or throat
- Dark colored urine or stool
- Blood in urine or stool
- Blood clots
- Numbing or tingly feeling in any part of the body
How To Avoid Side Effects from Norditropin:
The best way to avoid side effects from taking Norditropin injections is to follow the correct protocol involving hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Never work with unknown clinics or buy medications from unknown sources.
- Only work with a reputable and well known successful hormone replacement therapy clinic
- The HRT clinic should only work with fully trained and licensed doctors
- Doctors should read test results completely, diagnose low growth hormone levels and accurately prescribe the correct medications and dosages
- Doctors should create individualized and tailor made treatment plans for each patient
- The HRT clinic should only work with trained, skilled and compassionate clinical advisors
- The HRT clinic should mandate that testing (blood work) be done and a physical exam and medical history be completed
- All medications should be top quality
- Licensed physicians should provide medical supervision throughout therapy
- A patient should take great responsibility and follow his or her prescription and treatment plan exactly as written by the doctor
- Patients should always check their medication solutions closely before using them, making sure that they are clear, not murky and do not contain any foreign looking particles
Before Taking Norditropin
The human growth hormone medication Norditropin does not necessitate any preparation of the body before usage. This means that no preparation as far as fasting or something else is required.
As far as self administration of the medication into the body, there are steps to take to prepare the medication and the injection site. This will be fully explained when injections and supplies are shipped directly to the patient.
A quick overview; however, looks like this:
- You will completely and thoroughly check your medication for any cloudy or murky color or foreign particles that may be in the solution. If you see anything abnormal, do not use the medication.
- You will clear and sterilize and flat surface to display all of your medications and supplies.
- You will wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- You will choose the area of deliver on your body, which will usually be about an inch or two from your belly button on your abdomen. Make sure to rotate injections spots to avoid irritation or even infection.
- You will need to mix your solutions if you are using a vial with a needle and syringe or you will simply uncap and dial to your dosage on your Norditropin pen.
- You will open an alcohol pad that will be provided for you. In a circular motion, you will rub the injection site inside, outward. This will push any bacteria away from the area.
- You will pinch the skin with your fingers as you are ready to insert the needle.
It is that simple to administer Norditropin injections. Our clinical advisors will always assist our patients for their first and even second injections if they need the help. We want to make sure that you deliver your medications correctly, safely and in a sterile and pain free manner.
Dosage And Administration Of Norditropin
Injectable Norditropin human growth hormone is only for subcutaneous delivery. The dosage of medication will be different for each patient as their needs will vary. The doctor in charge will know from blood work and a patient’s current health condition and medical history what amount of medication they will need to create safe change.
In addition, during the entire time a patient is administering Norditropin injections, they will receive medical supervision from the physician. They will also have open communication with their clinical advisor. Patients need to follow their written prescription and treatment plan exactly as it is presented to them by their doctor. Committing to the process is imperative for success.
How To Store Norditropin
After the first injection is given, the Norditropin FlexPro ® pen can be stored safely in the refrigerator. It needs to be in a temperature of between 36º F to 46º F. Once it is stored in the refrigerator, it should be used within four weeks.
Another option is to store your Norditropin FlexPro ® pen at room temperature for up to only three weeks. The temperature should not be any lower than 77º F.
After the time has expired on your opened medication, the unused portion of solution should be discarded. It is never worth the risk to use medication that can possibly be contaminated. That is why following protocol as instructed is so important when using human growth hormone medications.