How Can I Boost Testosterone Levels Naturally?
Like many men over age thirty, you are probably wondering, how can I boost testosterone levels naturally. Did you know that it is just as crucial for the women in your life to ask the same question? Man or woman, all adults need testosterone.
As one of the primary androgen hormones in the body, testosterone plays a significant role in brain functions, heart health, metabolism, red blood cell production, sleep, energy, motivation, mood, and, of course, sexual performance.
Every adult can benefit from learning how to boost testosterone naturally. Men’s health and well-being, as well as that of every woman, relies on adequate supplies of testosterone.
For those who need it, testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is an excellent way to boost testosterone naturally. Bioidentical testosterone naturally mimics the testosterone produced in the body. It is a safe and effective medical treatment.
Of course, taking some easy to accomplish steps before your body gets to that point is an even better option. By asking, how can I boost testosterone levels naturally, and following the guidelines we set forth below, you can help increase your natural testosterone production.
In this report, you will learn how the following eight actions can help boost testosterone production:
- Lose Weight
- Get Sleep
- Reduce Stress
- Dietary Changes
- Stop Negative Habits
- Testosterone Therapy
Every person can take steps right now to boost testosterone levels naturally.
Individuals who are overweight tend to have significantly lower levels of testosterone. Part of the problem is due to the enzyme aromatase, which belly fat produces. Aromatase function is that of testosterone conversion into estradiol. The result is higher levels of estrogen as compared to testosterone in the bloodstream. Estrogen promotes fat retention, which further increases aromatase activities that lower testosterone levels.
How can I boost testosterone levels naturally by losing weight?
As you lose weight, your body produces less aromatase. That leaves higher levels of free testosterone in the bloodstream for use by the body’s androgen receptors. You can increase testosterone naturally fast by shedding those excess pounds.
When you are looking for the best way, boost testosterone naturally by going to bed earlier at night. The body’s circadian rhythm optimizes hormone production when you are asleep by 11 pm.
How can I boost testosterone levels naturally by getting more sleep?
During the periods that you are in deep, slow-wave sleep, your body naturally secretes critical hormones, such as testosterone and growth hormone (GH). That is also the time when the androgen and GH receptor cells utilize these hormones for tissue repair, memory storage, and metabolic activities. If you get less than seven hours of sleep, your body will automatically have a deficit of these hormones the next day. Getting between seven and nine hours of sleep each night is ideal for hormone production and utilization.
Many adults with low testosterone find it difficult to engage in regular physical activity. They often suffer from joint pains, fatigue, stiffness, and a lack of motivation. These are Low T symptoms that can further increase weight gain and declining health.
How can I boost testosterone levels naturally by exercising?
Physical activity is one of the best ways to increase testosterone naturally and safely during daytime hours. Engaging in three days a week of resistance training and three days a week of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) will do wonders for your weight, heart, body, and hormone levels.
- Lift Weights – exercise the large muscle groups with resistance training
- Aerobic – limit HIIT activities to three times a week, for a maximum of 30 minutes at a time
Men need to bear in mind that excessive cardio or aerobic exercise can reduce rather than increase testosterone levels.
Today, the diets of many people lack crucial nutrients that can help improve hormone production. Certain supplements can increase testosterone levels in some people.
How can I boost testosterone levels naturally by taking supplements?
While there is no such thing as a miracle elixir to boost testosterone naturally, vitamins and supplements may help, including:
- Vitamin D – as a natural testosterone booster, this vitamin (and hormone) is crucial for testosterone production. 3,000 IU a day can help many people increase testosterone levels.
- Zinc – along with vitamin D, zinc is one of the best supplements for increasing testosterone levels. An added bonus – zinc and B vitamins may help improve sperm quality.
- Ginger – along with other health benefits, ginger may also increase testosterone levels.
- Ashwagandha – has been shown to boost testosterone and sperm count while lowering cortisol levels.
- DHEA – as a precursor hormone to testosterone, supplementing with DHEA may help boost testosterone levels.
- Magnesium – supplementing with magnesium may help people who are low in this mineral increase testosterone levels.
As always, contact your physician before adding any supplements to your diet. Some products may interfere with certain medications.
Stress is a leading enemy of both testosterone and growth hormone. When the body feels stressed, it increases the release of cortisol into the bloodstream. Cortisol is only meant for immediate stressful situations. However, ongoing stress keeps cortisol levels unnaturally high, which inhibits sleep and opposes testosterone and GH release.
How can I boost testosterone levels naturally by reducing my stress levels?
When you can reduce the amount of stress you have, or how your body reacts to it, your cortisol levels will decline. That action allows your brain and body to relax at night, leading to increased sleep. You can increase testosterone naturally by taking measures to help reduce stress, such as:
- Turn off electronics at least 3o minutes before bed
- Do yoga
- Increase daytime exercise
- Read more
- Listen to music
- Deep breathing
- Take a walk in the evening
The food that goes into your mouth influences how your body will look and feel in many ways. The saying “you are what you eat” was never more accurate than when it comes to hormones.
How can I boost testosterone levels naturally by changing what I eat?
Certain foods have a natural ability to increase testosterone production. Others can inhibit or decrease the amount of testosterone the body makes. To boost testosterone naturally, foods to increase and decrease are as follows:
- Foods That Increase Testosterone
- Honey – increases secretion of luteinizing hormone (LH), which stimulates testosterone production. Honey also increases the number of Leydig cells that produce testosterone.
- Onions – also increase LH production, as well as reducing oxidative damage, which can affect the Leydig cells.
- Lean Protein – grassfed beef, free-range eggs, and other forms of lean protein provide the building blocks the body needs to build muscle and improve hormone production. Protein intake also helps the body burn stored fat. Oysters and shellfish, along with fatty fish, are excellent testosterone boosters.
- Vegetables and Fruits – choosing organic whenever possible, these foods provide crucial vitamins the body needs for testosterone and other hormones. Eat the colors of the rainbow for the best benefits.
- Extra Virgin Olive and Coconut Oils – along with avocados, nuts, seeds, and grassfed butter, these oils provide the fat that increases crucial cholesterol – the primary basis for androgen hormone production.
- Foods That Decrease Testosterone
- Sugar – perhaps the worst food you can eat, sugar increases inflammation and weight, lowering testosterone levels.
- Processed, fried, and fatty foods – these foods increase fat retention, insulin resistance, and high blood sugar levels.
STOP NEGATIVE HABITS
Some of the daily habits that we know are bad for our health are also testosterone inhibitors.
How can I boost testosterone levels naturally by getting rid of bad habits?
You can naturally boost testosterone by changing some of these habits along with the products that you buy for daily use:
- Excess Alcohol – more than an occasional alcoholic beverage may inhibit testosterone production. Consuming too much alcohol also leads to restless and reduced sleep, which can impede hormone release. Alcohol interferes with the production of hormones in the hypothalamus and pituitary gland that stimulate testosterone release.
- Smoking – both tobacco and marijuana use may contribute to changes in hormone production.
- Drugs – cocaine, opioids, and other drugs can interfere with hormone production, also leading to damages brain cells, which can further inhibit testosterone release.
- Chemical Exposure – many of the products we use for body and skincare, hair, laundry, and home cleaning contain endocrine disrupters such as phthalates, BPA, and other chemicals that can target the cells in the testes and ovaries that influence testosterone production. Look to purchase natural products that do not contain these chemicals.
Some people do not go searching for this information until it is too late, and they are already dealing with the symptoms of testosterone deficiency. When that occurs, it is often necessary to supplement with testosterone therapy for a while.
How do I boost testosterone naturally with testosterone therapy?
When using TRT, your doctor provides you with a dosage of exogenous testosterone, either by weekly injection for men or daily cream for women, that will return your testosterone levels to a state of balance. As that occurs, you will start to lose weight, build lean muscle, improve energy, and find yourself able to engage in many of the actions listed above to help you boost testosterone naturally and quickly.
Best Ways to Boost Testosterone Levels Before and After Age 40
Your age may provide insight into how to increase natural testosterone production. The actions listed on this page will be of great help to you if you are under age 40. However, later in life, you will likely benefit significantly from testosterone therapy once Low T symptoms appear.
- Before Age 40 – embrace sleep, exercise, stress reduction, and dietary habits to maximize your testosterone production. Rid your life of bad habits and focus on as many of the actions listed above as possible.
- After Age 40 – if you are already over age 40, and suffering from symptoms of Low T, you may want to consider contacting Greenberg Health for a comprehensive review of your hormone and other blood levels. That way, we can determine if testosterone therapy is right for you, or if there are other actions you can take to increase testosterone naturally after 40.
When you contact Greenberg Health, you will receive a free, confidential consultation by phone with one of our medical advisors. Call today for more information.