The Top 5 Ways for How to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally
It is just as important for women to know how to increase testosterone levels naturally as for men. Without enough of this powerhouse hormone, muscles and bones lose their structural integrity, fat builds up around the abdominal organs, memory becomes sluggish, libido disappears, energy wanes, sleep becomes elusive, and depression easily takes control.
We could list dozens of ways for you to increase testosterone production, but, instead, have narrowed the field to the top 5 things you can do right now.
The best way to increase testosterone levels naturally is with something that you can do every day. If you are not the type of person to exercise, do not pick that as your first choice. If you refuse to give up sugar, opt to include some of the other dietary changes into your daily routine. Choose what will work best for you and your lifestyle.
|5 Best Ways to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally
|Resistance training with weights targeting the large muscle groups is the best option. Think squats, bench presses, and dead lifts.
|Carrying around excess belly fat stimulates the conversion of testosterone into estradiol, reducing testosterone levels and increasing estrogen in the body. When you lose weight, you decrease the conversion, thereby increasing testosterone and reducing estrogen levels.
|Important hormone production occurs while you sleep. Anything less than seven hours or more than nine hours can interfere with testosterone secretion.
|Although we told you to lose weight, the body needs fat to turn into the cholesterol that is the source for testosterone production. Heart healthy fats not only increase testosterone, but they also help you lose weight.
|Some of the various methods of intermittent fasting include consuming all food during a six-hour window between noon and six pm, eating regularly for a few days than cutting down to 500 calories for one day, and eating for twelve hours than fasting for twelve hours.
The best diet to increase testosterone levels naturally includes heart-healthy fats such as avocados, nuts, extra virgin coconut and olive oils, and grassfed butter. Avoiding or reducing sugar intake is crucial, as is consuming fresh vegetables, fruits, and lean protein.
What Men Can Do to Increase Testosterone Levels
If you are worried about Low T, the first thing to do is stop stressing – literally. Stress is the enemy of testosterone production because it increases the amount of cortisol floating around in the bloodstream. Cortisol inhibits testosterone production and makes it difficult to fall asleep at night.
How can a man increase testosterone levels naturally if he has little free time to start making lifestyle changes?
- Exercise – ten minutes a day is all it takes to engage in high-intensity interval training. Utilize short, 20-second bursts followed by two minutes of low-intensity cardio movements.
- Go to bed 30 minutes earlier – increasing sleep even a little will help.
- Breathe deep – even if you do not meditate, conscientious deep breathing before bed will help the body relax for better sleep.
- Make small dietary changes – cut back on sugar intake, eat heart healthy fats, and choose lean protein options.
- Add supplements – some supplements that may help boost testosterone, such as zinc, vitamin D, Ashwagandha, and Tongkat Ali. You can also increase testosterone levels naturally with the herbs you find in our report: The Best Herbs for Low Testosterone Levels.
Of course, there is always testosterone replacement therapy as a viable and affordable option for raising testosterone levels.
What Women Can Do to Increase Testosterone Levels
You may think that women have it easy because their testosterone levels are naturally so much lower than those of a man, but testosterone is just as important for them. Without enough testosterone in the bloodstream, osteoporosis, dementia, high blood pressure, obesity, and other health problems could occur. Taking steps to increase testosterone levels will help reduce these risks.
How can a woman increase testosterone levels naturally and safely?
- Get enough sleep – both growth hormone and testosterone secretion take place during slow-wave sleep, so if you do not get enough sleep (7 to 9 hours), you will suffer from hormonal decline.
- Reduce stress – stress interferes with sleep because high levels of cortisol not only inhibit testosterone, but they also decrease growth hormone production which is crucial for helping you get a good night sleep.
- Consume fat – the body needs cholesterol to manufacture testosterone, so add extra virgin olive and coconut oils, avocados, eggs, and nuts to your diet.
- Lose weight – consuming an adequate amount of proper dietary fat also aids in weight loss. Intermittent fasting is another excellent option.
To help you increase testosterone levels naturally or with custom compounded testosterone cream for women or other treatment options for men, contact our hormone specialists at Greenberg Health for a free and confidential consultation.