HGH for Men: Why Is It Important?
Human growth hormone (HGH) is the pharmaceutical version of somatotropin (growth hormone, GH), one of the body’s most influential chemical messengers. However, it is not without controversy due to the reported abuse of the medication by some athletes and bodybuilders.
It is always disheartening to hear that someone with the symptoms of adult growth hormone deficiency (AGHD) does not pursue the use of HGH for men due to those reports. In this review, we discuss why HGH is important for some people, and how to know if you fall into that category.
HGH treatment for men is a medically supervised form of hormone replacement therapy. Just as people sometimes need supplementation with testosterone, progesterone, estrogen, DHEA, or vitamin D (also a hormone), HGH is only one of the many critical chemical messengers that keeps the body running properly.
Before we answer the question, where do I get HGH for men, we want to give you an in-depth look at the following:
- What HGH is and what it does for men
- Health risks if you have a growth hormone deficiency
- How to know if you are HGH deficient
- Benefits of HGH at different stages in life
- Options for HGH therapy
- Possible side effects of HGH for men
HGH for men is a medically prescribed and supervised form of hormone replacement therapy.
What Is HGH and What Does It Do for Men?
Somatotropin, produced by somatotropic cells in the anterior pituitary gland, consists of 191 amino acids in a specific single chain. As a polypeptide protein, GH plays a critical role in cellular reproduction, metabolism, protein synthesis, brain functions, heart health, immunity, and more. HGH, produced in pharmaceutical laboratories, has the same molecular structure as growth hormone. That bioidentical feature allows for its immediate use by GH receptor cells upon injection into the body.
HGH therapy for men increases the growth hormone supply to the receptors, stimulating their actions. Unfortunately, as much as the body requires GH throughout life, its production begins to decline before most people leave their twenties behind. After many years of a secretion decrease, some people start to show signs of a deficiency. If ignored, other, more severe health risks can occur, including:
- Health risks of low HGH levels
- Cardiovascular disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Osteopenia and osteoporosis
- Metabolic syndrome
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
When it comes to the many benefits of HGH for men, study after study shows that HGH helps reduce weight, improve cardiac capacity and output, increase immune system functions, and sharpen cognitive processes.
The use of supplemental HGH for men helps reduce numerous health risks.
Signs of HGH Deficiency in Men
There is a significant reason to look into getting HGH for men: effects that growth hormone deficiency has on the body. Unlike some medical issues that go unnoticeable until they become significant problems, the signs of AGHD are easily recognizable.
Signs you might need HGH for men
Poor sleep patterns
Increased body fat
Decreased lean muscle mass
Joint pains or stiffness
Slow wound healing
Long-lasting or frequent illnesses
Mental fog or impaired cognitive functions
Decreased results from exercise
Sensitivity to hot and cold changes
Aging skin – dryness, wrinkles, sagging, age spots
Balding, greying, or thinning of the hair
Lack of productivity
Anxiety, irritability, stress
Slow exercise recovery
The use of HGH for older men is especially important as it can help reduce the risk of potentially debilitating health conditions.
Benefits of Increasing HGH
Human growth hormone therapy is an extremely safe form of hormone replacement – when medically necessary and supervised. HGH benefits for men help bring positive changes to all areas of life, as shown below:
- Benefits for men under 40
- Increasing energy, drive, and productivity – crucial for workplace performance
- Improving fertility (HGH helps stimulate testosterone and spermatogenesis)
- Happier mood
- Helping to maintain a physically fit and toned body
- Maximizing sleep, metabolism, and immunity
- Keeping erectile functions and libido strong
- Benefits of HGH for men over 40
- Reducing the physical signs of aging (including changes to the skin and hair)
- Keeping brain functions sharp
- Supporting a healthy sex life
- Maintaining energy, focus, and motivation
- Decreasing muscle and bone loss
- Protecting the internal organs from shrinkage
- Helping the body fight germs
The use of HGH for men over 45 can help keep testosterone production going strong to reduce the risk of hypogonadism. Since many males are waiting longer to start their families, HGH can benefit fertility and spermatogenesis.
HGH for men over 50 helps you enter into your “golden years,” feeling as though you are still young, virile, and energized. With life expectancy today longer than it was decades ago, it is crucial to protect the body’s delicate hormonal balance. That is what HGH therapy can do.
Options for Treating Low HGH Levels in Men
When diagnosing AGHD in males, hormone specialists consider two primary options for treatment. The first consists of the best HGH for men – human growth hormone injections. The second option is secretagogue therapy. We discuss the differences below:
- HGH Injections – real human growth hormone comes in the form of an injectable. Do not confuse this with over-the-counter products you see in stores or on the internet. Only injectable HGH, purchased from a licensed pharmacy with a prescription, will work to increase growth hormone levels directly. HGH therapy provides a supplemental, bioidentical dosage of human growth hormone for the body’s receptor cells to utilize. Results from HGH therapy are faster, which is a benefit for those with many of the symptoms of AGHD.
- Secretagogue Therapy – the use of ipamorelin or sermorelin does not directly increase growth hormone levels in the bloodstream. Instead, these secretagogues promote a boost in GH production in the pituitary gland. The effects take longer than with HGH therapy. However, for someone in the early stages of growth hormone decline, these treatments provide a better, lower-cost option.
The most common HGH for men side effects are injection site reactions. Those may occur with either of the treatment options listed above. These reactions are short and rarely cause any concern.
Side effects of HGH occur if the brain registers too much growth hormone in the bloodstream. Because HGH therapy is doctor-supervised, that rarely happens, and when it does, it is easily treated by lowering the dosage for a short time. That gives the body a chance to adjust to the GH level changes.
Possible HGH side effects include:
- Nerve, muscle, or joint pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Insulin resistance
- Gynecomastia (male breast enlargement)
How Can Men Get HGH Therapy?
Now that you understand the importance of HGH therapy, we can answer the question, where do I get HGH for men. Although some people may expect to ask their primary care physician for a prescription at their next physical, the answer will likely be a firm no. Hormone therapy is highly specialized medicine and should only be prescribed by experts in that field. Once you change the level of one hormone, you often influence others, which can lead to other problems.
To get HGH for men for sale, you want to schedule a consultation with a hormone specialist. While that can be both time-consuming and expensive, it does not have to be. Greenberg Health has simplified the process for finding out if you have AGHD, beginning with a FREE telemedicine consultation. You can speak with one of our highly experienced and knowledgeable hormone medical advisors by phone to ask your questions, get your answers, and discuss your symptoms and concerns. Only when you are ready to proceed with diagnostic testing will you incur any cost.
The steps for receiving a diagnosis and treatment for AGHD are as follows:
- Phone consultation
- Low-cost blood testing at a local lab
- Physical examination by any doctor
- Completion of online medical forms
It is that simple a process and one that will result in you finding out if you have growth hormone deficiency. If so, you will then receive personalized treatment to help balance your hormone levels and improve your symptoms.
Please contact Greenberg Health for a free consultation and more information about HGH for men.